AIMS & OBJECTIVES
- To up-skill Registered Sign Language Interpreters (RSLI’s) interested in performance interpreting.
- To up-skill theatre industry professionals for working with performance interpreters.
- To include the voice and opinion of Deaf audience members in the discussion.
- To build a working relationship between Performance Interpreters and Theatre Industry Professionals.
Attendance and engagement
- 21 SLIs attended one or more of the 8 sessions.
- 44 SLIs have joined the Creative Licht Facebook group.
- 68 industry participants engaged across the 8 Knowledge Exchange sessions
- 13 members of the BSL community have engaged across the 8 sessions ranging from: Deaf Interpreters/Translators, Deaf Artists, Deaf Audience members.
- 2 of the RSLIs booked to facilitate the first Creative Licht event have since attended sessions as participants.
Visibility and reach
- Increased visibility of performance interpreting in the creative arts sector
- International profile – SignArts invited to present on the work of Creative Licht at the Festival De Silenzio, Milan
- Networking with AusLan [Australian Sign Language] interpreters via the FB group to support translations for a production being staged in Australia.
- Engagement from festivals, venues (receiving and producing), producing companies, independent artists contacting for advice on embedding interpretation and how to fund it.
- Requests from 4 RSLIs in England to be kept up to date on future CPD as they would be willing to travel to engage with this training model.